Monday, January 16, 2012

The Storm Has Arrived

The past couple days have just flown by! We arrived late Thursday night and were greeted by the beautiful faces of Caleb, Shannan and Allysa from George Fox and Marlyn, Jill and Janita from Cornerstone. After introductions we went to bed. The next morning I woke up and stumbled into the bathroom only to hear the sound of the ocean! I flipped out. I ran outside and saw mountains on one side and the Indian ocean on the other! We spent the day doing ortientation and then walked to the beach. Yeah. My life rocks. The next day we drove all around Cape Town. We climbed around Cape Point. Then we stopped at a beach to have lunch where we became acquainted with many baboons. One of which stole out lunch. After swimming for a bit we visted the famous African Penguins and had some gelato :]. Yesterday We went to Jubilee Church where us females found many a beautiful South African Christian boys to gush over and then met our host families!!! My family is the Alexanders. I have a mother, Lavona, a father, Pete, and three little brothers, Josh, Jason and Aaron. I love them! They are wonderful and I'm sure I'll be writing more and more about them! Today we had our interim class and went and walked around Cavendish (sp?) Mall. South Africa has to be the most beautiful place I've ever scene in my life! Honestly when I look out over the ocean or stop and stare at the mountains or when I'm hanging out with the ever so amazing people of South Africa I truly think this is Eden. I would be jealous if I were you, just saying.

1 comment:

  1. yay yay yay yay yay!!!!!! soo jealous!!! live it up girl! and you're right - def the most beautiful place I've ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete